Beginners Walk to Run 5k
If you’re new to running it’s advisable you start with our beginners’ couch to 5k course which we aim to run twice-yearly. These are 10 weeks long and will enable complete beginners to be able to run 5k at the end of the course. You will start with walking and gentle jogging and build up to running 5k gradually. We finish each course with a 5k challenge in which all beginners are invited to run a course at their own pace with the support of their fellow beginners and Dolly leaders.
Please check our Events Calendar for when our next walk to run course is scheduled for.
Our beginners courses are £30.00, payable in advance.
What to bring
- Trainers suitable for running.
- Comfortable leggings or jogging bottoms.
- Small bottle of water (not essential in cold weather).
- Wear layers – hat & gloves in cold weather.
- Fluorescent jacket if you have one. We will run in all weather – rain, snow, wind – so make sure you are prepared.
- Medicine eg. inhaler if you need one.
Course dates to be announced
Beginner Courses Contact Form
Please use this form to contact us if you are interested in joining our Beginners Courses